FastCheck is a revolutionary new way to diagnose more than 24 different allergies, rapidly, accurately, safely.
• Tests for more than 24 different allergens, 12 airborne allergens and 12 food allergens using two separate tests
• Covers 90% of the UK’s most common allergens
• Safer and more comfortable than conventional allergy tests – including blood tests and skin prick tests
• Results visible to the naked eye in just 30 minutes
• Requires just 2 to 3 drops of capillary blood taken from fingertip or earlobe
• Much more effective at detecting specific allergens than conventional allergy tests, i.e. can pinpoint an allergy to a specific type of nut
• Developed from established laboratory technology resulting in excellent performance
• A great first step in diagnosing and treating allergies – developed by one of Europe’s leading diagnostic specialists – DST.
The benefits for you
• Provides a low-cost simple screening solution for allergies
• Easy to use
• Fast, accurate results
• Allows you to test for more than 24 different allergens covering 90% of the UK’s most common allergies
• Better diagnosis of allergies means better patient care
• Reduces waste – no more prescribing unnecessary medication or treatment
The benefits for your patients
• Accurate test allows accurate diagnosis – making it easier to avoid allergens and receive effective treatment
• Fast results – enabling quicker relief from the misery of allergy symptoms, reducing stress and anxiety
• Pain-free (virtually) and much more comfortable than a blood or skin prick test
• No risk of the test triggering Anaphylaxis (severe allergic reaction)
• Suitable for the majority of patients including children greater than 5 years old and pregnant women
1 x FastCheck Test Device
1 x 3ml Developer
1 x 10ml Syringe
1 x Large Pipette
1 x Lancet
1 x 50ml Washing Solution
1 x 30µl Test Solution
1 x 30µl Test Solution
1 x Small Pipette
FastCheckPOC® is easy to use, whether you’re a GP, nurse practitioner, pharmacist or alternative health professional:
• Simply take 2 to 3 drops of capillary blood from your patient’s fingertip or earlobe
• Add them to the test solution, which contains a specific anti-lgE conjugate
• Pour the blood/solution mix onto a membrane located in the test device, which carries the allergens, plus 3 controls.
• After an incubation period of 15 minutes, wash away the test solution
• The bound allergen-specific lgE can be viewed with the help of a developer solution
• The test results can be read after a further 15 minutes
• Positive, clinically relevant allergic reactions are marked with a + sign, negative results with a – sign.
• A negative result indicates no allergic reactions at all or only weak allergies with antibody levels below CAP class 2.
Click here to download the Instruction Sheet
Where can I get information about a specific allergen?
Allergy UK is a fantastic resource for all allergy sufferers, and its website provides factsheets on all the major allergens.
Click here to visit their website
Does it hurt?
No, although a finger prick is required. This is similar to the routine finger prick that diabetics perform on a daily basis and does not hurt.
Can I perform the Fastcheck test at home?
Although it is possible to use the FastCheck virtually anywhere, we would recommend that a qualified allergist perform the test. As with any allergy test, a full consultation and professional interpretation of results is essential.
What are the syringes used for?
They are used simply to wash solutions through the Fastcheck test.
Why is there no test for gluten intolerance?
FastCheck tests for allergies mediated through the IgE immunoglobulin whereas gluten intolerance is mediated through the IgG immunoglobulin.